Saturday, April 7, 2007

Running, juggling and joggling inspiration

Still no running, no juggling and no joggling, but my neck is starting to feel better.

During this forced training retreat, I've had some extra time to relax. We finished Season 5 of '24' last night, and I've been getting myself motivated for the upcoming Salt Lake City duel by watching some running, juggling and joggling on YouTube:

Here's the end of Alberto Salazar and Dick Beardsley's "Duel in the Sun" at the 1982 Boston Marathon. I had hoped that my joggling duel with Zach last year in Boston would end with me pulling away from Zach, just like Salazar did to Beardsley. But instead it was Zach who pulled away from me at the 17-mile mark. In Salt Lake, I plan to reverse this.



For some vintage juggling inspiration, here's Swiss star Kris Kremo:



And Perry "Just Your Average Joggler" Romanowski takes care of the joggling inspiration with this clip of himself joggling up a mountain in Arizona:



Coming soon: The Salt Lake City Marathon joggling duel press release.

2 comments:

Perry said...

Two weeks to go!! Maybe this rest will help you be fresh on the 21st.

Thanks for the videos. Those were cool.

A said...

I still can't get over what you do. It seems so insane and yet I really wish I could do it! It's truly amazing.