Monday, April 2, 2007

Sport Juggling "Joggler" balls have arrived!

Dianne called me at work today to let me know that my new custom-made Sport Juggling Co. balls had arrived in the mail. "They are awesome ... so pretty," she said.

I had forgotten to bring my old beanbags to work, so my run home was just a regular old run with no joggling. It was my first non-joggling run in quite some time. I found myself automatically looking up at hydro wires and street signs to use for juggling tricks. Just when I was starting to get a little bored, I ran into a couple of guys I used to compete against in local road races, who were also running home from work. It was great to talk to them and not have to worry about juggling.

By the time I got home I was really itching to juggle the new beanbags. I was not disappointed. The Sport balls looked incredibly sleek and cool – bright white with "Joggler" in red stitching – and I was hooked right from the first toss. Of course I went straight back out for a test joggle, and man oh man were they a smooth ride! The Ultraleather exterior was soft to the touch, but firm enough for a good, accurate throw, and the 85 g weight was ideal for a comfortable cascade with minimal muscular taxation.

Overall rating for Sport balls: Beauty, eh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new balls. Are you a bit concered that with a basic color of white, there is potential to be lost in the proliferation of white shirts in a run? Or against Race Numbers?

Michal The Joggler Kapral said...

If I get off to a good start, hopefully there won't be many runners ahead of me. As long as there's no snowstorm, I should be fine.

At the start of Boston, I got boxed in behind two guys wearing red shirts that blended in perfectly with the red Exerballs I was juggling. It was both frustrating and hilarious.