Monday, May 7, 2007

Wardian smashes stroller-pushing marathon record



Michael Wardian of Arlington, Virginia pushed his son Pierce in a stroller for the entire Frederick Marathon in Virginia in 2 hours 42 minutes and 21 seconds, breaking my 2004 record by seven minutes.

"It was bonkers," the prolific marathoner said after the race. "It was one of the hardest races I've ever done."

Wardian said there was a strong wind that the stroller caught like a parachute. I remember the same thing when I pushed Annika at the Toronto Waterfront Marathon in 2004.

Congratulations to Michael and Pierce.

Will I defend the record? My two girls are too big now, so unless I get a loaner, the answer is no. Does anyone have a baby they want to get into the Guinness Book?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, looks like records are made to be broken. This was a great performance though. There are definitely some talented runners out there.