Monday, April 20, 2009

Half-Marathon Joggling Record Established in Montreal

Success! I set a new half-marathon Guinness World Record yesterday, joggling the beautiful Banque Scotia 21k de Montreal course in 1:23:49.

I dropped a beanbag right at the start line and probably lost about a minute after kicking the ball off the side under the barricade. I had to ask one of the spectators to hand it back to me and by the time I jumped back into the race, I was behind a huge mass of slower runners. In the end, it probably helped me, since the slow start allowed me to finish strong. I dropped once just past the 10K mark and that was it. Much of the route is ont the Gilles Villeneuve F1 circuit, which makes you feel like a race car as you cut the tangents over the red-and-white stripes.

Congratulations to Tara Quinn-Smith for setting a new Canadian half-marathon record of 1:12 and change, and to Matt Loiselle for winning the men's half-marathon championships it 1:04.

15 comments:

redhead said...

Michal - congratulations on setting a new half-marathon Guinness World Record!! You are such an awesome maniac :-)

Perry said...

Congratulations!!

mike runs said...

Congratulations Michal!

Carrie said...

Wow, congratulations Michal!

Joe S. said...

Congrats! Way to go, Michal.

JH said...

Congrats! You do jugglers proud :)

Juggling Mike said...

Congratulations! Had I known earlier, I would have gone to cheer you on!

Benjamin said...

Very nice, Michal! Congratulations!

Gavin said...

Michael, could you please make contact with me?

Thanks

Gavin
editor [at] time-to-run.com

joe blanchette said...

Michal, a big thumbs up to you! Congratulations!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tom said...

Just looked up the half marathon joggling world record for reference for my own first attempt at a competitive joggle this weekend.

I think I will be VERY VERY happy to break 1:40, no idea how it will go really. Top class to go under 1:25 joggling congrats!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bob Evans said...

great work Michal... that is an excellent time!