Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Half-Marathon Joggling World Record, By the Numbers

Michal Kapral half-marathon joggling guiness world record

It's not too late to donate! Help me reach my goal to raise $1,000 through People to People Canada for AIDS orphans in Ethiopia. DONATION LINK HERE.

It takes a lot of focus to run a half-marathon as fast as you can while simultaneously juggling three beanbags. I tried to capture the experience with the some numbers.


HALF-MARATHON JOGGLING BY THE NUMBERS

16,547
Approximate number of tosses

16,546
Approximate number of catches

1
Times I dropped a ball

1
Times I swore very loudly after dropping the ball

2
Times I heard someone shout "Show-off!"

80
Number of kilometres per week I ran to train for the record

45
Number of those kilometres per week I joggled

4
Number of half-marathons I've completed while juggling

1:20:40
Official Guinness World Record time


3:50
Pace per kilometre

6:09 
Pace per mile

9.8
Equivalent treadmill speed

1:23:49
My previous best half-marathon joggling time, set in Montreal in 2009

2,792
Approximate number of times I said to myself "Don't stop, don't drop" during the race

341
Approximate number of times I actually said the previous phrase out loud

4.3
Number of times I questioned my sanity during the race

10
Number of years since I set my first Guinness World Record for fastest marathon pushing a baby in a stroller


5
Number of Guinness World Records I've set at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon races

40,000
Number of dollars People to People Canada is hoping to raise in this event to help AIDS orphans in Ethiopia: DONATION LINK.



No comments: