Here's my progression in the marathon:
- Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon 2005: 20 drops
- Boston Marathon 2006: 14 drops
- Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon 2006: 8 drops
- Salt Lake City Marathon 2007: 4 drops
- Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon 2007: 2 drops
My typical drop rate these days in about one every 25K. That's about one drop for every 18,000 catches. My 10K world record was drop-free.
Albert Lucas, who once held the marathon joggling record, has joggled several marathons without a single drop.
I drop a lot in training because I'm usually doing tricks.
One thing's for sure: the more you think about not dropping, the more likely you are to drop a ball.