Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Best 5-ball Joggling Training Run Ever

I found the perfect 5-ball joggling training area in Port Hope. It’s a 500m stretch of newly paved bike and pedestrian path with no overhead trees and almost no other people. The other day I ran back and forth along this route to do some roughly timed 5-ball jaunts. I still usually drop about every 100m, but if I’m not worried about cars or other potential obstacles, I can often make it further. 

Midway through the 7km 5-ball training session, I glanced at my watch just before I started another half-kilometre interval along the path and boom, everything just clicked and I cruised the entire 500m without dropping a ball. I looked at my watch just after I stopped and it was somewhere around 2 minutes and 5 seconds, so about a 6:30 mile, and right on Matt Feldman’s 5-ball joggling mile world record pace. I did a little celebratory dance and continued on. I clicked off a bunch of other solid runs after that, including this one that Dianne filmed near the end of the session. 

No comments: