Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Joggling for childhood cancer research


My back's back!


After eight days of no running or joggling because of an upper back/neck injury, I hit the road yesterday for a six-mile jaunt home from work. I had no pain and was even able to do some tricks, ignoring warning from my physiotherapist not to do any joggling tricks or five-ball juggling (because the higher tosses force you to look up and crane the neck back).


CBC News: Sunday is filming tomorrow and documentary crew is here on Thursday through the weekend, so it looks like I healed just in time.


I recently set up a link to make online donations to a great charity that I've been raising money for these past few years. It's called A Run For Liane, and all donations go 100% toward childhood cancer research at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.


At last year's team meeting for this charity, we were told about some amazing advances in research that have been made in recent years, so to those of you who have donated in the past. your generosity is truly making a difference.


Any donations are greatly appreciated. To make a secure, online, tax deductible contribution, click HERE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have any idea what an 8 day layoff at this point in your training is going to do to you? Any experiance with such a layoff in the past?

Michal The Joggler Kapral said...

No, but I guess I'll find out! I had been training really hard right up until the 30K race, so I think I'll be fine - nice and fresh.

My main worry is the altitude.